What Should I Know?
A tornado can strike at any time of the year, but they are most popular March-May in the southern states, and summer months for the northern states.
They are more likely to strike between 3:00pm-9:00pm, but can occur during any hour of the day.
Tornadoes are categorized by the Enhanced Fujita Scale. The higher the number, the more damage is will probably occur.
What Should I Do During a Tornado?
What Should I do After a Tornado?
How Do I Prepare?
1. Have a plan before the storm strikes
2. Have an emergency kit
3. Know the dangers and signs for tornadoes
1. Dark greenish skies
2. Large hail
3. Low clouds; especially if they are rotating
4. Loud roar
5. Any alerts being broad casted
4. Have a list of your assets/valuables in case damage occurs to your property